Mega flow or combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about ton install a new boiler it is a 4 bed house with a small shower room and a large bathroom will a Worchester/bosch 440 high flow do the job or a 210 megaflow. Or any others that I should be looking at, can any one help?

Cheers

David

Sponsored Links
My house is the same spec and I have a WB Highflow 440.

Fab piece of kit, takes up less space, is easier to install and looks great in the utility room. ;)

Check usual stuff though ... Water flow rates/pressures/gas flow rates etc.

MW

A combi is more efficient, easier and never runs out of hot water and is cheaper to install as well. The high flow is a good one or a Worcester 40CDI will do the job nicely.

If going combi route I advise 40+kw.

I would not rely on a combi at home and for me they are relatively easy to fix and I don'thave to tae a day off work for someone to fix it for me. It's simple eally, I come from an oldfashioned era when people expected things to last a lot longer than 5 to 10 years.

Sponsored Links
I'd steer away from a combi in that size of house.

You'd need over-size, which renders the combi's argument of being cheaper to run useless as its an inefficient system.

We had a combi in a little 2-bed house we rented. True the hot water never ran out and the shower was pretty good, but turn the kitchen tap on whilst someone was in the shower and you could hear the screams a mile away!

You have not told us how many people live there! Thats required to size the cylinder.

A basic combi is 24 kW and that will run ONE shower. To give an equivalent flow for two showers would require 48 kW and thats more than the large combis.

My advice is that a cylinder would be the best solution and particularly if you take baths.

You still need an adequate mains water dynamic flow.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back