Megaflo Hot Water tank - What do the switches do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into rented accomodation and the hot water/central heating system is taken care of by a Megaflo High Efficiency water tank and an Amptec C600 boiler.

There are 3 switches in the storage cupboard where the hot water tank and boiler control are stored. I know that the red switch is the power switch for the boiler. The 3rd switch along is hard wired to the water tank so I assume this is effectively an immersion heater switch that should be turned on to heat the water up but I have no idea what the middle switch does at all. I have no instructions to tell me what it does and haven't been able to get any info from the landlord.

Basically I have no idea how this system works and whether or not I should be leaving the middle and end switches on permanently or only when I require hot water as I don't want to end up with a massive electricity bill!! Can anybody help to explain how this system works and what these switches do??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are there any installers details written anywhere? They should be able to help you...

They are both to turn on the electric immersion heater in the Megaflow tank. We also have two switches.

not very technical i know, but try turning them off one at a time and see what works (or doesn't)

Sponsored Links
not enough info on the pics for me to tell.need to see what wires go into the tank.but immersion does not need to be tuned on it is only for back up if boiler fails

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back