Megaflo questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, very new here, so please excuse any ignorance i show! :rolleyes:

We moved into a dated 1970s house in Sept, with plans to completely renovate. Part of that means replacing the original (35 year old!) floor mounted gas boiler, etc. I've read the water system discussions on this site, and with other info, etc, have opted for an unvented system.

I have just a couple of questions;

1) The current water tank (and related shower pump) are in the airing cupboard which forms part of a bedroom. We plan to brick the door into the bedroom up and open a door on the other side which is in an upstairs lounge area. Now, currently, with the pump, etc, the airing cupboard (well, the contents, not the cupboard!) is very noisy, so I had intended to specify some sound-proofing boards to be put in the stud wall that will be used to brick it up. Now, with an unvented system, will we actually need that - will the tank be noisy?

2) With a traditional tank it is always handy to have an immersion heater. Will I need an electric element in the Megaflo (our heating is gas), or is that overkill/does it come as standard?

Thanks for all your help - I only discovered this site 2 nights ago and have spent far too many hours trawling the boards already!

Helen :confused:

Sponsored Links
Megaflo indirect units come with one immersion heater as standard, but this is very slow at heating hot water so is literally a back up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back