Megaflo Thermostats Urgently Required, Delivery Is Slow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had to deal with a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo (210) unvented unit which was not heating, to find that both thermostats had failed. Now the price varies from £17 online to £85 from suppliers, but the delivery will take days, and the hot water is required now. I am in West London. Does anybody have a sensible suggestion as to where I could pick these up within the next day?

Oddly enough, I found that each thermostat (11" rods) had the appearance of burnt connection on one terminal, would this be normal?

Sorry for the layman terminology.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the rapid reply and link/information. I had not looked at their site but alas, it's not the right item, and they don't stock it.

Thanks also for the direction on the terminal burns.

u do know that they would have resettable overheat / high limit thermal cut out's in built on the stats???

Sponsored Links
u do know that they would have resettable overheat / high limit thermal cut out's in built on the stats???
Many thanks for that, I was hoping, but neither could "reset" and neither produced any results, no matter how I tried.

think u will find that the heatrae sadia imersions for un-vented cylinders are manufactuer specific

also bear in mind that any unvented cylinder comes as a package . i.e all safety valves , immersion heaters ect are specific to that cylinder

be it that they may be supplied to other manus for there unvented cylinders

Replacement parts to an un-vented cylinder should be manus approved equipment ?

bear in mind that 1 litre of water is capable of producing 1600 or 1800 (forgot ?) of steam . Most unvented cylinders will have a pressure of 3 bars.

The boiling point of water at atmospheric pressure is 100 degrees c at 3 bars the boiling point is some thing like 140 degrees ;)

A 150 litre cylinder is capable of producing 270,000 litres of steam ;) and technically has enough explosive power of 3 pound of TNT ;)

GET THE CORRECT IMMERSION HEATER ;)

Thanks Andy, no not that one either, I phoned them today and they don't do it, but, unsurprisingly they can order it, should take three or four days - price over £75.

Thank you to you all, I have ordered them this morning and had to take the courier delivery, so should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Sponsored Links
Back