MEGAFLOW change from gravity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
Quick history !
I have this year fitted a new bathroom,walls down,doorways blocked up/new suite and power shower,retiled,underfloor heating+tiled etc etc.
BUT I never expected the hot flow into the bath/basin to be so miserable, :evil: :oops: it's OK until you try to use the headset connected to the bath taps, TOTALLY USELESS :oops: and to get to the hot supply and connect it to the shower pump I need to take out the copper tank what a pain and put it back (it is 8yrs old).
SO :!:
I have only just found out about the megaflow system,(yesterday) so is it possible/practical to change to a megaflow system which will also heat the rads in the house. :?: The boiler,Baxi Barcelona is in the garage and the copper tank is upstairs at the same floor level as the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Hi All.
Quick history !
I have this year fitted a new bathroom,walls down,doorways blocked up/new suite and power shower,retiled,underfloor heating+tiled etc etc.
BUT I never expected the hot flow into the bath/basin to be so miserable, :evil: :oops: it's OK until you try to use the headset connected to the bath taps, TOTALLY USELESS :oops: and to get to the hot supply and connect it to the shower pump I need to take out the copper tank what a pain and put it back (it is 8yrs old).
SO :!:
I have only just found out about the megaflow system,(yesterday) so is it possible/practical to change to a megaflow system which will also heat the rads in the house. :?: The boiler,Baxi Barcelona is in the garage and the copper tank is upstairs at the same floor level as the bathroom.

Use a stainless heat bank/thermal store:
http://www.advanceappliances.co.uk/gas_or_oil_thermal_store_systems.html

Not under pressure, yet mains pressure hot water, no tank in loft or power shower pumps. With a megaflow you need and annual service and this costs. You cannot DIY fit a megaflow. The vented heat bank will out perform it and not take down the side of the house:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3FwgIHsQA
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_Wrm-Ns0I

Still using the same old manufactured video Drivel.

Shame this hasn't happened to a property in reality, you might have had a point then :rolleyes:

Still using the same old manufactured video Drivel.

The videos are not drivel. The responsible thing is to fit appliances that do not explode and are cheaper and better. Unvented cylinder do not comply.

Sponsored Links
while actually in theory the heat bank is in fact a good piece of kit.

however not taken up as a popular option in the uk,

possiblely because, its backed by cranks using multiple log in's and multiple IP adresses, yes you are being watched :evil:

posing as some form of engineer, where in reality they are simpley poor sales "engineers" with limited or no practicle experience.

while actually in theory the heat bank is in fact a good piece of kit.

however not taken up as a popular option in the uk,
-
possiblely because, its backed by cranks using multiple log in's and multiple IP adresses, yes you are being watched

Amazing. So that is the reason. I thought it was because most bathroom changers didn't have a clue.

Apart from the unvented cylinder in the scottish trawler that had never been fitted correctly, please give one example of an actual installed un-vented cylinder exploding.

The contrived videos you have linked to for the past eons do not count as reality.

Apart from the unvented cylinder in the scottish trawler that had never been fitted correctly, please give one example of an actual installed un-vented cylinder exploding.

Do you want to see death before they are banned?

Do you want to see death before they are banned?

does this statement ring any bells in peoples memories?

get off with you drivel you were banned once and are looking to go the same way again :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back