Megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am extending my home. We will have 2 bathrooms, 1 shower room and a separate toilet. New radiators will be fitted all through out. A new heating system is to be installed.

I have been told a megaflow system is the best. and the tank should be at least 300litre capacity.

At the moment the water is direct. If someone is in the shower and the kitchen tap is turned on the water in the shower stops.

What megaflow system and boiler would you recommend?

Also what diameter water pipes should be used?

Regards

Bobby

Sponsored Links
If you have a direct system at the moment, and the cross modulation of the water supply is an issue, it won't go away with a Megaflo.

Things will be just the same.

Therefore you need to investigate ways to improve your flow rate. This could be as simple as upsizing the incoming water main - - - however, you will want to be absolutely sure this will make a difference before committing cash. Therefore your first port of call should be to your water provider.

If this looks like it won't deliver, or is excessively disruptive, the accumulator fed unvented system is your best bet. These are made by GAH, called DualStream.

The one-trick cowboy is at it again.
Bgidday you need a competent plumber to assess your whole situation and consider a range of options. A Megaflo may not be appropriate, and if you get someone with no knowledge of your situation saying
" the accumulator fed unvented system is your best bet. These are made by GAH, called DualStream.", you know you should ignore him.

Accumulators are a possibility but rarely the best bet, and are in any case made by a lot of manufacturers who offer much better value for money than GAH/Dualstream, who falsely make claims about a silly patent they have.

Simon likes to use this site for advertising.

Sponsored Links
Buy one get one free this week, Ha Ha.

Anyone who reads this forum will see that I am far from a 'one trick cowboy'.

I believe accumulators have a valid role to play in certain situations. This sounds like one of them, subject to further verification.

You are wasting your breath with the 'cowboy' comments ChrisR, for two reasons. The first one is that these things work very well indeed, and the second is, that when someone fits one they immediately write all your ramblings off as those of a fool.

The truth is you have got some kind of a personal vendetta going, and it can't be showing you in a very good light. Judging from the number of enquiries I get!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back