Megaflow etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been reading with interest your excellent input on Megaflow issues. i am just about having a new En-suite shower installed. Currently I have an Open vented CH system Gravity DHW with a Kingfisher II boiler and all is working well.
From your advice it appears that I cannot consider a Megaflow because I have a 15 mm supply water supply pipe although it's at high pressure 5 bar + at the last check.
So my alternatives are to install a pump, Install an Electric shower [I have one electric shower already] or a Pressure Shower with it own pump.

We have a 3 bed , bath and shower, and a future en-suite shower, detached house and for 90% of the time it is only my wife and myself. Family/Friends stay occasionally.

What system(s) should I consider. Loft space is large?

Lastly, has any of you had experience with the new "Digital" showers like the TRITON, Thermostatic Digital Shower Unit - Satelite,Sirona". It looks very appealing!

Billboy

Sponsored Links
You can always increase the size of the pipe, if the flow rate is good.

Check how long it take to fill a 5Ltr bucket, and post the time in secs.

Sponsored Links
shouldnt have unvented anyway they explode

much better with a thermal store
chase.gif

:LOL:

If the flow rate is poor but the static pressure high and you have plenty of space then the obvious answer is an accumulator !

Cue: Simon

Tony

By the way after my experience of Triton products I would NEVER advise anyone to buy one !

Tony

It is not practical to change the pipe size. Currently we have a "blue pipe" supply [probably 22mm] up our drive [40 m] to the bottom of our garden and a further 30 metres of 15mm up to the stopcock which is inside the house.
However, the flow rate is around 17 litre/min
Billboy

It is not practical to change the pipe size. Currently we have a "blue pipe" supply [probably 22mm] up our drive [40 m] to the bottom of our garden and a further 30 metres of 15mm up to the stopcock which is inside the house.
Billboy

So why can the 15 mm pipe not be changed?

You do want a Megaflow dont you?

Tony

Not enough.

You could consider an accumulator if you have the space, for another cylinder sized vessel.

Billboy
Not that hard to dig a trench and make the whole mains in 25 mm. A lot better, and probably cheaper than an accumulator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back