Megaflow losing hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a megaflow Heatrae Sadia system in a 3 storey house that is about 10 years old. I’ve lived here a year. The tank is on the middle floor along with the family bathroom and ensuite is on the top floor. I have hot water pressure issue particularly with both showers. The showers are not great, in fact the ensuite is terrible and consequently I’ve stopped using it. The main bathroom is possible to have a shower but it’s not great. The hot water from the taps has good pressure to start with and then after a couple of minutes it drops. It does seem like it’s pulsating as well. When running a bath it takes ages and once the pressure has dropped if I turn the sink hot tap on in the bathroom nothing comes out. However the kitchen sink when running the water for washing up has no issue at all (I’ve tried at the same time as running a bath). The hot water in the downstairs loo sometimes splutters.

Also the showers are mixer showers and they are not staying hot. Initially they are hot but then they go luke warm quite quickly. I wonder if this because of the hot water pressure issue and consequently more cold water is being mixed. However previously the showers did stay hot but just ended up as a dribble but I don’t know what has changed.

The limescale filter to the hot water tank has been removed last October (and consequently flooded my house as the plumber didn’t do the compression joint up properly!). The Pressure reducing valve looks like the original could it be this that has a fault? Does anyone have any advice please?? I would really like to have a hot decent shower soon!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the filter in the pressure reducing valve is scaled on the megaflo

Hi

The first thing to check is the internal pressure vessel. How to check this is on the label on the side of the tank.

Hi

The first thing to check is the internal pressure vessel. How to check this is on the label on the side of the tank.

Nothing to do with HW pressure. You will need an unvented engineer to check or replace 3 bar reducing valve.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back