megaflow type system - high gas bill advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I installed a megaflow system (vaillant ecoplus, vailant cyclinder 260l) last summer and this is the first winter off it but i believe my bill has been really high this time, i understand with the prices going up etc might have something to do with it but wanted some advice from the pros.

So in the property we have following number of people.

6 Adults
3 children - 13 yys, 4 yrs, 3 months.

Just an understand why i went with the system i have :)

I have got the honeywell programmer and my installer advised i leave the settings from water heater to be on all the time and should cut out when it gets to the desired temp.

Is that correct? Shall i leave it on a timer or on all the time? What is more efficient... i was thinking og trying to heat water 1 hr in morning and 1 hr in evening... doable?

Sponsored Links
Firstly, you need to compare gas usage rather than cost.
I would have hot water timed from about half hour before the first getter-upper untill the last shower in am, and similar in evening.

Sponsored Links
6 adults, 3 children, lots of hot water usage, cold Winter equates to higher gas bills.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back