Megaflow vs Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
First post.
I have a question for heating engineers. I'm looking for some sound advice.
I currently have a 2 bathroom, 4 bedroom house. I am having a loft extension put in to include an additional bedroom/showerroom.
I will be removing the water tank from the loft.
I currently have a Potterton Boiler with a pump in main bathroom.
It's clear that with a 3rd bathroom on the way, I will need some way of improving pressure throughout the bathrooms/kitchen.
I've been told that a Megaflow is a great option but would need to check both the water pressure and bore of the mains pipe (possibly dig up drive to increase bore).
I spoke with a heating engineer today who informed me that a Combi Worcester Bosch 40 CDI would do the job perfectly adequately. Does that sound right?
I live in the SM5 area of Surrey and any advice/recommendations would be very welcome.
Many thanks
Dav12345

Sponsored Links
Definitely go unvented, a combi will never cope. You need to get your dynamic flow rate checked though

Definitely an Unvented

The WB will work, and be fine - but only for one bathroom at a time, with no backup.

As said - make sure pressures and flows are adequate and take any remedial action.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,
Thanks for your comments. Genuinely useful info.
I will certainly arrange for flows and pressure to be checked before going further.
I find the biggest battle is trying to find a reliable/recommended company who will make recommendations based on what is the best solution.
Anyone out there that can recommend anyone re. Megaflow system installation in SM5 area of Surrey would be welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back