Megaflow, water mains split direct and to the kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts,

Need your advice/opinions.

after a flood (unrelated to mega flow) contractors re-install the mega flow system into our loft conversion.

its seem ok.. BUT after the gargles last year and this year a few times, which I fix it with by Recharging, I realized today when I switch off the main water near the Meagflow tank... my kitchen still gets cold water.

has my mains water supply been split and been piped into the mega flow system and into the sink separately? is this causing the gargles every so often? pressure not always right etc?

should I get this put right? leave or do anything?

Sponsored Links
It all really comes down to water pressure and the taps you use whether the kitchen needs to be fed from the balanced supply or not but it shouldn't really be interacting with the cylinder as far as gargling is concerned unless the mains pressure is quite low.

Not really sure what you mean by gargling though? I can only presume it's to do with the expansion if recharging the bubble fixes it. That being said you should really have to re-charge the bubble that often unless the internal baffle is starting to degrade. How old is the cylinder, a call to HS may be an idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back