Megaflow - Why so expensive to install.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Discarding the price of the megaflow, the lowest I've been quoted for installing one is about 1600 quid (inc VAT). This is in KENT (bromley area). Is this the best I can hope for?

Sponsored Links
Try even more installers, this forum is supposed to be for technical advice.

Perhaps it is a difficult job, perhaps there is a lot of pipe work; perhaps the D3 pipe is a pig to run and has to be quite large.

With the information you provide we can give no real advise, and even then you won'r get decent figures from us 'cos we liove in deifferent areas and charge different amounts.

Sponsored Links
Depends completely on where it is. If the old cyl was in the basement and you want it in the loft,...

SHould be easy to find someone to do a straightforward one for a fraction of 1600.

ChrisR said:
Depends completely on where it is. If the old cyl was in the basement and you want it in the loft,...

SHould be easy to find someone to do a straightforward one for a fraction of 1600.

is the fraction you are thinking of about 3/4 chris

lmao

;)

I would normally be thinking of about £550 if it was reasonable straightforward.

But it all depends on where the mains feed is and what pipe upsizing is necessary.

Has anyone checked the dynamic flow rate?

Tony

applesauce said:
Discarding the price of the megaflow, the lowest I've been quoted for installing one is about 1600 quid (inc VAT). This is in KENT (bromley area). Is this the best I can hope for?

Whats the highest you have been quoted ?.

Balenza said:
applesauce said:

one meeeeeeeeliooon dollars

HA HA HA

:)

Agile said:
I would normally be thinking of about £550 if it was reasonable straightforward.

But it all depends on where the mains feed is and what pipe upsizing is necessary.

Tony

you tryin to steal me work? undercutting fiend :LOL: :LOL:

Balenza said:
applesauce said:

Highest was around 2K including VAT (Add the megalow and the price ended at 3K).

I have a new boiler situated in the garage. The cylinder sits right next to it. The guys quoting say it's a straight forward job. Consisting of:

Drain heating and hot water systems.
Disconnect and remove existing hot water storage cylinder, cold water storage tank and all associated controls.
Supply and fit new Megaflow HE250 Unvented Hot Water Cylinder.
Alter and adapt all pipework to suit, run new as required.
Commission system and leave in working order.

Agile said:

Tony

Dynamic flow rate was checked to be around 6/7 bars at 7:20pm on a Wednesday night

I dont believe that PRESSURE !

But FLOW is measured in LITRES per MINUTE !!!

Its essential to assess it before fitting an unvented!

Tony

|I hear agile can supply £5 notes for £4.50 and that includes boiler service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back