Megaflow - Why so expensive to install.

Sponsored Links
What difference does that make? I think you're way out of your depth on this. :rolleyes:

chrishutt said:
What difference does that make? I think you're way out of your depth on this. :rolleyes:

Actually , no offence but I think you are. :(
Do you know what the test point was affixed to or not ??

Sponsored Links
Come on lads the OP does not know, understand or give a flying pig's nut sack about all this. Why does every thread like this have to decend into technical one-upmanship?

I love a good barny as much as the next man, but at least separate it out from an otherswise interesting thread.

Dan Robinson wrote

Come on lads the OP does not know, understand or give a flying pig's nut sack about all this

I bet he does. ;)
I think he stated a static pressure in response to Agile's question about dynamic flowrate.

And from another recent heated flow/pressure posting :LOL:

Gasguru said:
.................Why do dynamic/static pressures and flowrates on gas and water seem to cause so much confusion - its nursery school stuff :rolleyes:

Gasguru said:
And from another recent heated flow/pressure posting :LOL:

Gasguru said:
.................Why do dynamic/static pressures and flowrates on gas and water seem to cause so much confusion - its nursery school stuff :rolleyes:

Totally agree. ;)

Balenza said:
And before you ask, no im not certified to fit UV cylinders. :(

Well if you are not qualified then that explains why you dont understand the need to measure the dynamic flow rate.

I will explain it to you!

Showers require a pressure of water to deliver a nice high velocity through the orifices of the head to give that nice tingly feeling on the back or boobs.

Thats only obtained when there is a dynamic pressure of about 1 Bar. Therefore its necessary to ensure the flow rate whilst retaining a dynamic pressure of 1 Bar is adequate to supply the shower(s).

I usually work on the basis of 22li/min@ 1 Bar to be confident the performance will be good for two showers. Any less and I warn the customer it will not be perfect.

Tony

Agile wrote

Well if you are not qualified

Where did I say I am not qualified ?
You obviously think a one or two day course qualifies someone to fit one of these pressure bombs inside someones home..?

then that explains why you dont understand the need to measure the dynamic flow rate.

I understand perfectly well why dynamic flowrate needs to be measured.
Its just in certain cases its not needed. Like instances where you come across 6-8 bar pressure at the mains inlet and good flowrates. :)
Not something you would be familiar with living in London. :(

I will explain it to you!

No need. :D

Showers require a pressure of water to deliver a nice high velocity through the orifices of the head to give that nice tingly feeling on the back or boobs.

It all depends on the shower head you are using and what you are familiar with as regards showering. Everyone has different expectations.
And budgets to work within also. :(
You are only quoting information that I have already read on this forum.
Why dont you explain to the OP how to measure his dynamic flowrate (and if he is competent he can measure it ) instead of confusing him.
Though I suspect it won't be of any relevance if his stated figures are indeed static pressures and their is some thought put into installing the pipework.

You guys are great.

If anyone's interested and would like to take on the job and can work in the Chislehurst (Bromley, Kent) area. Then drop me a line on [email protected]

Big cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back