Melting vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Baxi 105E which has been nothing but trouble. Today I noticed a burning smell and when I went outside I noticed that the vent which the fumes come out of was melting. I have turned the boiler off for now. We have been having trouble lately with air in the system, so I don't know if there is any connection between the two things.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause the vent to melt?

Thanks

Jayne

Sponsored Links
I noticed that the vent which the fumes come out of was melting.

Surely the vent would be made out of heat resistant material i.e metal. :eek:

I would have an engineer check it or phone the Manufacturer for advice.

Keep it off until you have been advised.

Installed dozens of Baxi's and not had a problem with the flues melting, definately call someone mate, and don't use it until it's looked at and rectified.

Al

i would say applaince very very much over gassed at a guess as what else could create far to much heat as to melt plastic terminal.

you need to call someone in asap and do not use appliance until its been seen by an engineer and passed as fit for purpose.

whilst its showing these signs its classed as immediatly dangerous.

Sponsored Links
The boiler is 5 years old. I had it on again for a few minutes this afternoon to see if it got hot, and it seemed ok. I will call someone tomorrow and get them out to look at it.

Thanks for your replies :)

Jayne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back