Mem fuseboard

Sponsored Links
well, there isnt a problem with one fuse blowing, just like using BS88s on a 3ph circuit.

I see what you mean now, only one side of the centre tapped tx was fused :)

MG do a two phase kit for their boards, is that what you used?

the black dot often melts and falls out leaving a live screw exposed on the rewireables! :eek:

Got it in one.

Would have liked to have used the MG, but ended up using a 3 phase proteus with 2 pole breakers, cost was a big issue and i wasn't happy doing nothing.

Besides, theres nothing flamable nearby!

the black dot often melts and falls out leaving a live screw exposed on the rewireables! :eek:

IMGP3697.jpg

I don't mean to hijack, but can anyone spot what else is wrong in this photo?

Sponsored Links
The red tape at the top :?: :?:
Is the aspostos in the middle of the fuse carrier.

Jake

Yes!

Someone has installed a new TP&N supply in SWA, and used the following colour code:

L1 = brown
L2 = grey
L3 = blue
N = black

It was a DI trying to do industrial installation. The fuses are also fitted with copper wire which looked like 1.0mm² :eek:

They have used Red and Yellow tape to identify the brown and grey cores as Red phase and yellow phase, incorrectly as should be brown black grey and a blue neutral

I see that type board once where someone had removed the guts and put 3 dinrails in with mcbs on each rail.

Also added some earth bars.

Bit blurry :D

Before I was responsible, someone fitted 3 630a MCCB boards in 300mm cable using the L1 Brown L2 Grey L3 Blue N Black. The covers were off for ages, I went spare, pointed it out and the solution?

Fit the covers. Still like it today and its confusing, both in the board and the sub

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back