Memories of products from the 70's....

burnt cornish pasties? that's flipping sacrilege that is :eek: we don't eat Pasties all the time you know! its conger pie on sunday' :LOL: and 'scads and tatties in the week.
anyone remember Quatermass ? that was very scary, but probably early 60s,
Moz said captin pugwash, I don't think they'll ever bring that one back it was just too simple,hardly any moving parts.
nutty bar
Flying Saucers (Edible paper with sherbet centre)
Sherbet Fountain
love hearts.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
........Silver Knights........3 for 50p.......even made a song about them in the pub with M8`s....parodying Moody Blues Knights in white satin :rolleyes: Played @ my M8`s funeral last year........didn`t know to :cry: or :LOL:

noseall said:
no,6

no,10

park drive

capstans
Gold Leaf .......wonderful...can taste them now ....and I`ve not smoked for a decade

Moz said:
I had two elder sisters ,one was into the gypsy look , the other was a hippy chick ,lol

an it was the start of the Tv Dinners where the food was cooked an frozen in a tray an set out like airline food , you heated them up in the oven ,no microvaves then ,lol

does anyone remember Brains Frozen Faggots ..lol
Remember them ,Moz..we still eat them :eek: and the dinner in a tray was a one off treat ...lol....because Mum used to always cook proper.............don`t get me started.lol.....we had a wet fish shop in the high street and another guy with a round...fish from Hastings in his van..he ran a chippy too ....sixpennyworth of chips etc....and there was a 50 yard queue down the road when the First Supermarket opened :eek: and everyone got a free chuck..........used to look for Corona bottles to return to shop for a tanner ........never found a wet mag tho` :cry: .....Flippin acres of woods+ fields to roam and a derilict cottage too.......a common pond some miles away to fish and swim in after bikeride....PS it was Noggin the Nog by Oliver Postgate.....he also did bagpuss

Sponsored Links
tigger said:
What about "bell-bottom trousers" and flippin great wedge soled shoes that you could hardly walk in? The higher the wedge the better.

Does anyone remember Twizzle or Torchy the Battery Boy?
Yeah.........a M8 who was dead thin was called Twizzle :rolleyes: I remember the originals.......and another kid from school actually looked like Plug from the Bash St. kids :eek: It was as if the cartoon was a caricature of him

TV shows :- magic roundabout, hectors house, joe 90, captain scarlett, marine boy, thunderbirds, stingray, voyage to the bottom of the sea,land of the giants, lost in space, U.F.O., SPACE 1999, department s, randall & hopkirk(deceased), the persuaders, the banana splits, the sweeney, timeslip, black beauty, follyfoot,rainbow,appointment with fear(very scary late friday nights...lol), man in a suitcase, the champions. What memories! Great stuff.

Just remembered.....

Being sent by my big sister to the newsagent (when it was shut) to put 20p in the fag machine.

And when it jammed, ringing the bell and getting the guy down to sort it out.

"Why are you buying fags?" "For my big sister." "Hmmm. Here you are, then."

In fact, I remember buying cigs as a schoolboy, and everybody was willing to sell them to me, apart from one guy who I asked to buy 20 Gauloises. He sold me 20 B & H instead, telling me they were bad for my throat...

Independent article in yesterday's paper talking about 70's fragrances coming back. People apparently want to wear the fragrances their parents wore....

Sponsored Links
Back