MEMORY STICK

JSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Wizards,

Please see below a description from the Tesco Direct website for a memory stick. 8GB is perfect for me and the price of £20 is spot on. However, I need the stick to transfer data back and forward from a computer with a USB 2 port and an older computer with a USB 1 port. Will the stick below work with a USB 1 port? (The computers have different versions of Windows; any issues there?)

Many thanks for your very kind assistance.

Jim

"This Technika 8GB flash drive with USB 2.0 connectivity is password protected for added security. This flash drive comes with preloaded software."

Sponsored Links
USB 2.0 is backwards compatible so it should work no problem. If you're using anything other that windows XP or Vista then you'll probably need a driver disc for the memory stick.

Hi GCOL,

Thanks very much for that. If I can trouble you further; I currently have a 500MB stick which works 'plug and play' on one of my computers which is Windows Millenium. Does this mean that all sticks will work on it or not necessarily? My other computers are Windows XP (which you suggest is okay) and Windows 2000 - do you think 2000 should be okay?

Many thanks for your continued help which is greatly appreciated.

Jim

I currently have a 500MB stick which works 'plug and play' on one of my computers which is Windows Millenium. Does this mean that all sticks will work on it or not necessarily?
All sticks will work with WMe.

My other computers are Windows XP (which you suggest is okay) and Windows 2000 - do you think 2000 should be okay?
Yes.

Sponsored Links
Back