Mend Grabber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My M-I-L gave me one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/54cm-Long...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1c30f040cf

that no longer grabs.

I know they're cheap enough to chuck in the bin and replace, but I'm just frustrated because I'm losing my "fix-it" touch and can't figure out how it goes back together!

The orange trigger has come out, leaving the wire down to the grabber hanging loose with a hook on the end and there is another plastic lever type component that fell out as well.

If anybody has any ideas that'd be great!

Handle:

Trigger:

Lever:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Obviously the orange(trigger)with the lugs goes into the handle. The cable holder slots into the trigger, lugs into cut out section.

Now the last bit is confusing me.

Sorry I cannot be of help.

Maybe a separate section on m-i-l's grabbers would be an idea, I also have one that has ceased to work.

Splurge the £1.45 on a new one, then take that apart (carefully!). Take notes, to aid reassembly. ;)

Wild guess! :)
Hook goes into handle first, then hooks on to "cross bar" of black part. other end of black part engages with cross part of lever, so the black part is angled back and forces the hook back as you squeeze the lever.

Sponsored Links
Wild guess! :)
Hook goes into handle first, then hooks on to "cross bar" of black part. other end of black part engages with cross part of lever, so the black part is angled back and forces the hook back as you squeeze the lever.

Bingo!

Thank you!!!!

securespark";p="3168314 said:
My M-I-L gave me one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/54cm-Long...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1c30f040cf

that no longer grabs.

I know they're cheap enough to chuck in the bin and replace, but I'm just frustrated because I'm losing my "fix-it" touch and can't figure out how it goes back together!

The orange trigger has come out, leaving the wire down to the grabber hanging loose with a hook on the end and there is another plastic lever type component that fell out as well.

If anybody has any ideas that'd be great!

99p Shop !!!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back