Is this how to change Sacrificial Anode in my cylinder?

Sponsored Links
Ordered that part off ebay and did it myself, very simple, everything working well now for a few weeks. Just grabbed the flat part of the existing anode end with a grip and turned it out anti clockwise, the replacement anode had a moulded hex end so very easy to put in with a bit of ptfe tape, then just had to connect it and fill the tank again, one of the easier diy jobs I've done.

To quote an old adage is "if you want a job doing right then do it yourself"!

Sounds like you've done a good job there Lazy.

All the fuss over unvented cylinders is simply making sure the 3 safety devices are all fitted and working correctly.

Did you experience any discolouration to the hot water supply due to the corroded anode?

servotech,

Didn't notice any discolouration of the hot water, don't think the anode was down for long enough for the cylinder to produce that in my case.

Sponsored Links
You got your gas safe registration yet Bisby? :eek:

What, yeah, how the hell did you know that?

Cost me over £1000 quid mind you - which meant it was Bognor rather that the Bahamas for this years holiday!

Hobson's choice yet again for the British working man I guess. :(

servotech, [/quote]

Didn't notice any discolouration of the hot water, don't think the anode was down for long enough for the cylinder to produce that in my case.

Glad to hear that because I do get a lot of complaints of the water on unvented systems being cloudy at first draw-off.

Must be the anode causing this, which after all is only doing what it's meant to do (corrode).
Quite a fascinating subject is this royalty amongst metals.
servotech,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back