Menvier 40 BIN and Language files

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Bit of a long shot.
I have recently acquired a Menvier 40 panel and keypad. as it was not yet installed yet, I set up everything while it was connected to the PC. I then decided to update the firmware on the box so it was at the latest version.

In doing this, I did not realise the language file also needs to be uploaded at the same time as the BIN.

I have the updated BIN file, but no language file. I have tried contacting EATON and they have some info on there website but noting back from them yet.

Does anyone have any copies of firmware with language packs so I can get my panel up and running again?

Thanks!

Dan

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I don't know if this will help, but I have just logged in to the installers portal of the Eaton website.
https://portal.myscantronic.com/
It is easy to register and login (with a few made up credentials!). You just have to use a real email address for the link they send.
Hopefully you can then download the appropriate firmware.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the help :), I managed to find that a little while ago and signed up and found the legacy page for the menvier 40.
That's where I found the bin file and I thought great, I'll upgrade it! I did that then realised I need the language file as well, so currently have a large paperweight!
If anyone has a menvier 40 that can backup the firmware, even if it's old, might get me back up and running!
I found the 'Cooper Downloader' on there as well which sounds like I can use that to get all the versions of the firmware, but you need a cooper, or I believe, an Eaton login for that to work. Cooper website no longer is active and I have had no reply from Eaton.
I'll keep digging :(

Sorry :(

I don't know if you could try the language .bin from the i-on 40?
It's unlikely to break it (anymore than has been done already!)
Although it would be useful to know the correct filename.

Good luck!

...and note to future self; backup the firmware first, before updating ;)

Sponsored Links
I believe, the i-on 40 already has the zip file with the language and firmware file in it on the scantronic website.
But it's worth a shot! Might get me running again. Cheers!

Yup, I downloaded the 'SD card' zip yesterday and there was a language file: EN_V5_34.lng in there.
It would be good if the files are common.
Here's hoping for some lazy (not really! :) ) developers!

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately it looks like they have covered themselves as when you select any language file, even with the relating BIN file, it knows the unit connected does not match and this error pops up:

upload_2021-11-15_10-6-44.png

May try and call Eaton as emails are getting nowhere!

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like they have covered themselves as when you select any language file, even with the relating BIN file, it knows the unit connected does not match and this error pops up:

View attachment 250816

May try and call Eaton as emails are getting nowhere!

One last try....

....for now!

Can you rename the .lng file to "Menvier_English_V2_25.lng"

Looking at the update manual, that should be a legitimate filename of a language file. There might still be other checks that fail though :(

I have had a little play with the 'mess of symbols' :)
This really might not work in anyway and even if it did, there is no guarantee that the words and buttons would do what they say they would do!

Before you consider trying this, did you set the system up on your computer?
Could you do a search for '.lng' and see if anything pops up?
Otherwise, the updater does mention a web interface. Is your unit networked, can you use this, even if the panel is blank?

...and if you do try this file, you may want to try it at a time when you can physically silence any alarms! :confused:

p.s. You will need to rename the file to Menvier_English_V2_28.lng (I'm not allowed to upload a .lng file!)

@RandomGrinch Thank you with all your help with this!
The Panel I have is just setup on a bench at the moment for testing, not installed yet.
I set the panel up with a mix of keypad setup and then web setup when I got the webserver enabled.
I only used the USB to update the firmware.

A search for .lng only brings up files I have downloaded to try unfortunately.
I tried the file you sent, many thanks for this! But alas, it likes the file, doesn't give me an error, but just sits there with the bar going up for a long time, emptying and starting again!

upload_2021-11-17_8-28-25.png

I tried modifying a different file as well, but still no luck :(

If I could get hold of even a Menvier 30 file, it may have a better chance of working, but I am a bit out of ideas now!

Well done for trying! :)
I'm sorry your efforts have been unfruitful so far!
...and at least we know we can modify a similar file to be accepted.
I'm sure the files are out there somewhere, perhaps there's a security forum that can help?

I have asked on a few different forums, I'll see what that brings! Seems the DIYnot forums are the most active though! :LOL:

I have also emailed a few alarm engineers to see if they have any information.

If I get anything, I'll report back.

Thanks for trying though, most appreciated!

Unfortunately, I have had nothing back from any other forums or any security companies! :(
So if anyone does have the files or one of these panels and is able to backup the firmware files, it would be most appreciated if I could have a copy.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back