Texecom flashing board failed to respond correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

After realising that I’m on version 3 of the firmware on my 48-W alarm I’ve decided to update it so that I can get texecom connect.

I’ve purchased a usb com and a flasher and have successfully backed up the panel on wintex.

I came to flash the panel with the new software and I’ve had an issue.

On the download section on texecoms website it only lists the very first version of V4 as a download. I have tried to flash that to the panel following the instructions precisely.

When I click flash the warning pop up comes up about ensuring you have backed the panel up as it will need factory resetting. Click ok past that and it tells you to ensure the flasher switch is in program mode and to press reset on it. Do that and then click ok. I then get the following:

Establishing comms failed: board failed to respond correctly.

The only thing I could find on the internet about the issue is some blog from a chap who had the same problem and resolved it using a newer laptop. I have done this and still get the same issue.

Any ideas? Hoping I’m missing something? Or is the flasher likely to be faulty as the usb has worked to back the alarm up.

Sponsored Links
Find that strange as the Texecom website takes you to version 5 firmware ! ....have you put the flash pcb on the correct way ?

There is a page where you can scroll down and see each version of the alarm panels they make. Each one has a different firmware version, some with 5, some with different versions of 4, and then mine that shows the first version of 4.

I did try flashing different versions and the 5 but got the same error each time.

I was thinking that it was only showing the first version of 4 as there was mention that the 48-W versions were discontinued as they couldn’t be updated further.

Sponsored Links
Would say the two main errors when flashing ....wrong com port setting or lead on wrong way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back