Menvier TS690 - tamper on non-existent circuit??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a TS690 alarm. After a long period of non-use, I want to get our alarm back in service. The installation company is gone. I've replaced the battery, then a factory reset to reset the engineer's code and done a hardware re-learn.

The LCD is displaying Aux Tamper. I have viewed circuits in Engineer's menu 2 - the first 7 are "H" which I believe means healthy. Circuit 8 is "T" for tamper. I checked the circuit programming under Engineer's menu 1 and circuit 8 is set as "not used". This corresponds to what the installation engineer wrote on the cover of the panel box (7 circuits listed).

I tried to look in the log, but I believe I'm scrolling through several years of normal setting and opening of the system to get today. I can't see a way to clear the log so I could maybe just look at current logged issues.

Don't know where to go next to diagnose a fault in a circuit which does not appear to exist or be programmed.

Any pointers please?

Thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
Look whats wired into the AUX Tamper terminals on right side of Panel PCB, usually the internal speaker tamper. Place a link of wire to bypass if not required. Then 0 + ESC should then say Open then Time display.

Thank-you! The internal sounder had taken a knock (probably from a vacuum cleaner) at some point dislodging the anti-tamper switch. That cleared the fault. Thank-you so much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back