Menvier 524R Keypad programming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I hope someone can advise me on how to program a Menvier 524R remote keypad to a TS690R control panel.

After the previous owners of the house lost the user passcodes, and since the alarm company that installed the system no longer exists, I had to factory reset the alarm and reprogram the whole system from scratch.

As it's a wireless system, I re-learnt all the PIRs and transmitters to the control panel, including the remote keypad. To keep to the original installation engineer's log, I have kept each of these circuits to the same numbering sequence, and set the appropriate circuit type for each detector (ie Night, Final Exit etc), but I'm not sure what type the keypad should be programmed as.

The choices are:
0 - Not used
1 - Night
2 - 24hr
3 - PA Silent
4 - PA Audible
5 - Fire
6 - Auxilliary
7 - Final Exit
8 - Exit Terminator
9 - Keypoint

I'd initially thought it would be set as Keypoint, but this didn't work and I later realised this selection is for use on a keyswitch to a hardwired circuit, and has to have additional attributes for "Healthy" to "Active", or "Healthy" to "Shorted" to assign the full and part set modes.

Can anybody tell me what type I should set this circuit to?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
don't understand the remote keypad wouldn't have a zone typ assigned to it?

when the keypad was learned on it should have shown up as a keyfob according to the manual I have been looking at.

Yes, it recognised it as a keyfob when learned.

The default zone type for each zone was "Not used", apart from zone 1 that had the default of "Night" and the attribute of "Chime". Zone 1 is the first entry door, so I changed the type accordingly, together with all the others to their respective settings.

I'll set the keypad zone back to "Not used" and see if it works, but I assumed that the panel wouldn't communicate with any zone set to that.

I only had a quick look at the manual and the radio 524 and 525 didn't have zones as far as I could see.

the hard wired keypads did have 2 hard wired zones apparently.

Sponsored Links
I've now programmed the radio keypad circuit to "not used", and I'm happy to report that it's working perfectly to full set and part set the alarm system as expected.

I didn't think that it would be such a simple solution, as programming it to "not used" seemed counter intuitive. The TS690R installation instructions had no mention of using the 524r with the system, and only suggested that two types of hardwired keypads could be used, but since this was an existing installation that worked previously, I knew that it must have been compatible.

Got there in the end!

Thanks Secureiam for taking the time to research this for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back