Menvier TS900 AUX/BELL TAMPER error

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I moved some months ago to a new home and there was a Menvier TS900 alarm installed 20 years ago. The previous owner didn’t use the system so he took all batteries out and left it like that. The company who installed the system doesn’t exist anymore and no other company wants to help or I have to buy a new system. When I started up the system following message was displayed on the LCD remote keypad: “AUX/BELL TAMPER” and I’m unable the activate “full set” the system. I suppose the reason why the system cannot be activated is the error message.

What I already did to try to resolve this issue:
  • First I did a password reset of the system after finding all user and installation manuals to be able to enter the system as a engineer
  • Installed a new battery for the TS900
  • Installed new battery in the external bell box (TL500M)
  • Tested the bell using bell test function and the bell works fine
  • The tamper wire of the bell is directly linked to the TS900 on AUX TAMP, I removed the wires from the TS900 but no results.
I inserted an image of the connection of the bell on the TS900. (I already removed the wires on AUX TAMP)

Can somebody help me to bring this system back to life? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
aux tamper needs to be shorted out in the panel

looks like the bell tamp is linked out if i read the terminals correctly

Thanks Secure I AM for the advise. Shorted out the aux tamper in the panel works fine. Everything is working perfectly.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back