Texecom Odyssey Alarm - grade 3 wiring - aux tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I installed an Odyssey 3 Bell yesterday to replace a 15 year old bell on the front that my neighbours didn't hear clearly when it triggered - all went well with the install and give the 8 core cable I thought why not include the grade 3 wiring - 2 core into aux / fault and a 3rd into test.

I hadn't previously moved the battery jumper JP1 from "off" to "on" - the manual implies this is mainly related to the method of powering first time, not a jumper to enable use of the battery at all.

Today I had a full alarm fault due to "Auxiliary Tamper" which appear to be this Aux/ Fault relay. I now believe there's a 24 hour battery test of the bell, where my alarm was approximately 24 hours after the install of the bell.

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you're able to help with:

1. Is the main purpose of the AUX / Tamper relay on the bell the 24 hourly bell battery test?
2. Does the JP1 jumper need to be in "on" state to avoid a fail of this test? i.e. is "on" state for full use of the battery (or just start up method)?
3. Even once I moved the jumper JP1 to "on" my RKP was still showing an AUX Tamper alert that wouldn't reset. Would I have to wait for the test to pass in order for the fault to be removed?

For now I've removed the AUX / Tamper at the alarm panel and have run a cable across the two terminals as it had been originally and have been able to remove the alert.

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This is covered in the manual very specifically p34, 85, I don't often use it so I need to refer to the manual when I do use it.

So with the fault relay and the test wired and the standard terminals 8 core is full used and to be fair you will know when the bell is faulty probably long before you do a test.

The test if I remember correctly is to prove that the fault relay works.

Seem to recall the exact panel and version of the panel may be an issue with how it functions but cant remember if that was the Aux/fault and or the 24 rather than the 48 around version 2, may need to ask someone that uses it regularly for confirmation on exact behaviour across the range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back