mercedes SRS light has come on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Mercedes A class 160
The SRS warning light on the dash has just come on and a message telling me to drive to the workshop

I have tried cleaning the seat belt locks with wd 40

Is their any way to turn the light off and maybe by pass the sensor so that it doesnt come on again ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have a look and take the bottles out from under the front seats/rear foot well and reconnect the sensor wire that has probably been disconnected from the seatbelt sensor.

Mursal";p="2374399 said:
Have a look and take the bottles out from under the front seats/rear foot well and reconnect the sensor wire that has probably been disconnected from the seatbelt sensor.[/quote

What do you mean by bottles ?]

In my limited experience this problem can be a result of something rolling around in the rear footwell. Disconnecting the SRS wiring to the front seats.

Sponsored Links
Oh I see what u mean by bottles now ,
Ive checked the wire and disconnected it and cleaned it but the light is still on

Check both front seats, might have to get it plugged in to clear the fault code from ECU memory. This will also, or at least should pinpoint the fault to a specific area of the system.

You could try disconnecting the battery overnight, but you will lose all codes/memory, for example the radio code.

Back