Meriva oil filter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.
Anyone know where the damn thing is on a 1.7 CDTi?
Before you start I know it is definately not attached at any point to the car,because I've been all over the engine with torches,mirrors and a diving snorkel and mask..it's not there dammit!
Seriously now...It's between the bulkhead and the engine isn't it! So without a four poster I'm screwed?

Sponsored Links
Found this on another forum:

"Looking from top of engine its at the back on a slight angle its a black case you might have to take wipers n scuttleoff. Can't remember if you do."

"Little tip with these, especially when they're hard to reach. Have a feel and see if it's got a square hole in the top. If it does, a 3/8" rachet will fit into it."

Hope it helps.

Cheers solar.
I've just had a check and I do believe between us all,we're right.There's a black plastic 'nut topped' cap t'ing.We're rockin' an rollin' dude.
Like all things Meriva engine compartment it's an absolute sow to get to...not impossible,just f***in stupid!
All I need to know now is if it's a paper jobber that goes in,then that's a 100%.
BTW,I've just examined the pollen filter (after looking at another post) and guess what?...Black as your hat! B***ds!,dated 04!
I've paid some creeps around £250 a year to NOT change those.
Amazin' what we find when we poke around.
I need to Get Out More... crack on with oil changes meself.and give the shysters a wider berth!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Stivino.'Found that picture meself yesterday.It's a bit vague but it's pointing in the same direction.The damn thing's actually under the flex portion of the transverse air inlet (for others reference.Take that out,two 7mm jubilee clips,and...tons of access...not) Buried van style under the window too!Hard to see leave alone get to.
Naughty words,scratched arms etc forecast. At least it's on top of the engine.
Thanks again for postin'.

Back