Merlin Gerin Counterfiet MCBs

Sponsored Links
Aren't the C45 old now
All the new ones are mostly C60 I think

Not entirely sure what the newer one are, I remember they are very similar to the Square D KQ range with their pins removed. On the new ones there is a slot in the plastic above the screw to allow the isobar mechanism to work.

The newer C60 fits the same boards as the old C45 ,it is also exactly the same shape, etc ,as the second version of the mk sentry range which are getting hard to get now.
They go on the prong of a busbar, like you say

The C45 ones I have replaced were, type 1 , 2 and 3 that 's how old they were.

If you google for the merlin gerin C45 , all you can see is chinese copies for sale, under different brand names, being passed off as merlin gerin replacements.
Pretty sure C45 not sold in uk anymore, so be wary if offered them!

Whoever copied them should have done some research
Unless they do a C60 as well :)

Sponsored Links
On the MG boards (the 3 phase ones at least) when you install an MCB you need to slide a plastic sutter over the mounting screw in order to energize the supply to that MCB. The U shaped slot in the MCB ensures you can only do this with the right type of MCB.

On the MG boards (the 3 phase ones at least) when you install an MCB you need to slide a plastic sutter over the mounting screw in order to energize the supply to that MCB. The U shaped slot in the MCB ensures you can only do this with the right type of MCB.

I know, the thing you always remember after you have put the cover on. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back