Messed up Wood Style UPVC. What to Do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just having the outside of my house decorated.

I've got some rosewood coloured wood effect upvc windows, which used to be great up until my house was painted a few years ago. They splattered masonry paint all over the frames, which I thought I would be able to get off, but it seems impossible without damaging the finish.

So, can I paint them with good results?

Sponsored Links
Timbo this is what Gets me, when I see anyone painting the outside render of their houses without masking up window frames. especially when windows are UPVC. I would not recommend painting them as this is defeating the object of having UPVC windows, maybe soak a cloth as much as possible and leave on frame to try and losing the paint, but it maybe to late.as it been a couple of years .

can`t see you getting off tbh. the wood effect is a vinyl wrap i think. even soaking it with hot water might not work. but maybe worth a try

Managed to get quite a bit off with hot soapy water and a LOT of patience. However, still going to be in-grained marks.

My dad has a boat and much of the wood has been painted in a similar colour, and looks great, so since the upvc is mock wood, I wonder if the stuff he uses could work?

Sponsored Links
timbo did you not notice windows after your decorator had finish.your windows are not wood they are metal with a pvc coating on them as nok1 said.i would keep on trying to get the paint off.

Don't think they are ever going to be perfect from cleaning, and there is a section of frame where I used paint stripper, then quickly wiping it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back