Messenger configuration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell tell me the correct way to configure the sound/messenger settings so that when we want to speak to someone live we can have a two way conversation.

Its either a case of they cant hear us but we can hear them or vicky Verky..the wife bought a headset that was supposed to be specifically for messenger chat but so far we havnt had any luck

Any takers?

Sponsored Links
Has the headset got a microphone on it? Maybe sounds daft, but I know somebody else that did the exact same thing.................... :LOL:

Open up Messenger. Go Tools>Audio Video setup and then follow the instructions from there.

And of course, you'll probably have tried that.............. :confused:

Changing the subject slightly - have you heard of Skype? I always found that Messenger was slow for having voice conversations and worse if you used a webcam but Skype is a free download and is great for talking to people - as long as they have Skype installed as well.

Has the headset got a microphone on it? Maybe sounds daft, but I know somebody else that did the exact same thing.................... icon_lol.gif

Im fick..but not dat fick..

Open up Messenger. Go Tools>Audio Video setup and then follow the instructions from there.

And of course, you'll probably have tried that.............. icon_confused.gif

And of course...youd be right

Changing the subject slightly - have you heard of Skype? I always found that Messenger was slow for having voice conversations and worse if you used a webcam but Skype is a free download and is great for talking to people - as long as they have Skype installed as well.

We have got Skype, unfortunaty, no one else has.. :(

How did the painting papering go?[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Back