metal cuttung disc for cast iron pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
i need to cut a cast iron soil stack pipe with the angle grinder. Will a general metal cutting disc for steel/inox do the job or do i need to buy a specific cast iron cutting disc? Where can i buy one which is up to do job without having to fork out 30-40 quid? Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Buy a disc for cutting tiles. Much better than your cheep metal cutting disc. your local Tool Station or Screwfix will be the cheepest. Your looking at around 2-5 pounds depending on the size of your grinder.

Thanks for your advice m8. I have had a look at the Macrist selection.........i was fainting...............the product must be very very good at 50 quid!!!!

Sponsored Links
I've never cut a cast iron pipe but I've cut up a couple of cast iron fireplaces using a normal metal cutting disk and it worked perfectly. Much easier than cutting steel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back