metal reinforced underfloor pipe for normal plumbing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a load of white 15mm plastic pipe left over from doing my underfloor heating. Is there any problem with using it to do normal plumbing with pushfit connectors? I guess it is just an expensive option but since it is left over and it holds its shape it would be handy.

Sponsored Links
it is henco RIXc Made in Belgium PE-Xc/A1/PE-Xc 16x2 L4/43 HN000 10bar/95degC plus a few other bits inc ISO10508

Yup, reckon it would be some form of barrier pipe, JG Speedfit/PEX/POLYB/HEP2O, you would be looking for words like Barrier/PEX or similar on the pipe, shouldn't have any issues with using for domestic water supplies.

Sponsored Links
Just looking at the specs for RIXc and I'm not sure it has WRAS (Water Regs Advisory Scheme)approval, Henco's other standard pipe does. Really should have WRAS approval for using with domestic water supplies.

It's likely some odd size with no compatible fittings.

Well found Charnwood and the RIXc pipe isn't WRAS approved. So it shouldn't be used on potable water supplies.

Not found, I was selling it for 5 years.
Various similar systems on the market.

Seems to be a mismatch between the OP's stated size of 15 mm and to specs those replying have listed.

Not being WRAS approved it should not be used on mains water and possibly not advisable for any water supplies.

The fittings are so expensive would probably outweigh the cost of buying plastic pipe to the normal specifications!

Also crimp systems require the special tools ???

Tony

Long and the short of it brownfish - the recommendation is that it can't be used for normal water plumbing I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back