Underfloor wet based heating in one room from microbore?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Investigating installing an underfloor heating system in our kitchen which we are planning to rennovate. Problem is, the CH supply pipes are under the living room floor, which consists of very expensive laid solid oak flooring. The pipework consists of 22mm to 15mm pipework which then gets reduced down to 8mm microbore prior to the rads.

We have a single radiator in the kitchen, I reckon its about 1metre long. I was HOPING to remove the rad, and tap into the microbore to supply a piped underfloor system of dimensions around 3m by 3m?

Will we have sufficient flow capacity to supply a small underfloor system?

Will we have to provide a pump to overcome the flow restriction encountered with microbore over the length of the underfloor pipe?

Is this realistically DIYable? I am hoping to install below solid stone flooring.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I don't think this will work realistically. Why not keep you radiator and put eletric underfloor heating in the kitchen? :)

edited due to poor spelling - again

Sponsored Links
I don't think the wet system will work - not enough heat will get to it and an expensive mistake to make.

The rad will deal with most of the heating reqs and the electric will only be on occasionally to warm your toes. Besides how much heat is really required in a kitchen? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back