Metal Shed, condensation and wood lining....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people

I've just picked up a large Metal shed (yes yes, I know some people think these things are the devils work lol, but it was peanuts and too good to refuse.)

I've heard they suffer a lot from condensation....presumably because unlike wood, the metal is cold and doesn't absorb any moisture.

I have some lengths of stud timber lying around and some offcuts of osb and plywood. To make it more useable, I was looking at perhaps cutting a couple of vents high on the side walls, then building a wooden inner frame and lining the walls and roof with the osb and plywood.

There will be a damp proof membrane in the base, and I was looking to silicone seal the bottom of the shed, and all side panels.

I know the purists amongst you are going to stay, you get what you pay for, I should just spend £X on a wooden shed etc. But this thing was virtually being given away, and I have just enough bits and bobs of wood lying around for a simple lining (not anywhere near enough for a full quality shed).

Opinions valued folks....

Sponsored Links
I've a couple of metal sheds I use for storage and no they don't suffer from condensation. Thats because they are not heated.

I'll be using it partially for storage, partially as a workshop, so I guess it'll have some condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back