Metal Shed

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I helped a builder friend to start assembling a metal shed yesterday and it reminded me of one of my DIY disasters. When I did my own similar but bigger shed I was working on my own and was having to stick nuts on with masking tape inside so I could screw the screws in from the outside. I ran out of daylight before getting the doors on so I left them for the next day. Unfortunately we had gale force winds that night so next day my new shed looked like this:
bentshed2.jpg

bentshed1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not a pretty sight, I hope your next shed was made of wood?
Metal sheds are uncomfortably hot in summer, and very cold and prone to condensation in winter.

Wotan

Yes, that time I did repair it and made it much stronger but a year or so later we had a lot of snow which did this:
P1010172.jpg

P1010173.jpg

That time it was too far gone and I put up this:
P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

much better with the wood fidom i had one of those metal sheds by yardmaster iirc. condensation was always a problem in cold weather but i never thought about ventilating it like yours. :D

Sponsored Links
best way to have metal sheds is indoors... as I did 2 big ones side by side in a basement... :)

That is definitely a disaster! I would be absolutely gutted haha, not as gutted as the shed though!

That wooden one looks a lot nicer anyway, I didn't think they'd look that good with a metal roof actually. Very smart.

Metal sheds are good for stashing a load of scrap copper in :idea: . You then connect it all to a farm Electric Fence transformer :mrgreen: - not that I would ever do such a thing , or even similar - like standing a copper cylinder outside my house with a cwt. of concrete poured in it through the immersion hole ;) I am the Travellers Friend

Metal sheds are good for stashing a load of scrap copper in :idea: . You then connect it all to a farm Electric Fence transformer :mrgreen: - not that I would ever do such a thing , or even similar - like standing a copper cylinder outside my house with a cwt. of concrete poured in it through the immersion hole ;) I am the Travellers Friend

LOL! don't blame you, we had a load of stuff nicked from our shed when our travelling friends were in town - wish I had thought of that idea!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back