metal trunking and insulated CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Ive alredy bought an insulated CU for my shed a Square D Domae when i did this i was planning on just clipping PVC twin and CPC surface direct. However i came into a few lenghts of 50x50mm glav trunking and decided to run it around the shed and use metalclad sockets.
I know it would be best to use a metalclad CU but whats the best way of offerring the plastic unit up to the galv trunking ?

I was thinking of drilling 2x25mm holes in the trunking and cutting between them with the jigsaw and putting PVC grommet strip around the deburred cutout and butting the backplate to this.
My armoured cable with be glanded off outside in an IP55 rated enclosure and the tails brought through into the back of the unit.

Sponsored Links
That would be one way, or you could drop some short bits of of PVC conduit from the trunking to the CU

Thanks for the reply RF im just worried about it looking a bit rough, But cant really afford to go and buy a different unit.

Sponsored Links
IIRC Sq D domea are quite a rigid CU, so suppose you could even use bushes and couplings.

That would look nice :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back