Meter/CU set up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was inspecting this set up and just wanting to confirm everything is fine as it is (even though it would have to be upgraded under new regs if there was any changes made)

I have attached some photos. I have a 60/80A cut off fuse and then 6mm earth and I think16mm main tails which eventually go to this 60A switched fuse isolator as the CU is over 3metres away. From there it looks like 16mm T and E feeds the CU. I am pretty confident this will be buried more than 50mm as it goes under the floor, so am I correct in thinking this type of fused switched isolator is fine with no RCD?

As for the 6mm earth, is this fine to remain due to condition of cable being good? I do have 10mm earth so I could change the 6mm for the water and gas (gas also doesnt appear to be bonded for some reason so I have to rectify that). Running in 10mm to CU could be slightly trickier so would keep the 6mm in if it's fine. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210310_201456.jpg
    20210310_201456.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 20210310_233224.jpg
    20210310_233224.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
Typically you fit 16mm2 earth to the switch fuse nowadays, but I suppose it's a bit pointless as the earth in the 16mm T+E won't be that big.

The cable may not need to be protected if it is more than 50mm from the wall surface, yet it would be interesting how it is run under the floor - as it was common to notch the tops of joists to run the cable, leaving it prone to get nailed through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back