metrel instaltest tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys just been offered a metrel instaltest tester and would like to know if they are a good meter and suitable for 17th edition testing

Sponsored Links
It'll meet your testing needs but as to whether it's a good meter? That's down to personal preference.
I hated the one I had on loan whilst my Megger MFT1552 was away for calibration.

I had an easitest for a while, it was 'alright' but not great my any means

expect the non triping loop test to drive you mad, you have to get the 3 test leads on, hit the button and then wait 30 secs while it did the test without slipping off when your arm started to ache from stretchin to reach a light from the floor, theres no autostart on it like on megger kit, and the probe mounted test button is an optin extra

Sponsored Links
To be fair, the non-tripping test is a lot speedier on their newer models, but I agree that the lack of a test button probe is a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back