Metric doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for some help in finding 15 pane obscure glazed pine doors.
The size I require is 2040 x 726 x 35mm. All the sites I've found so far have the depth listed as 40mm or only list the height and width.
Is 35mm the standard depth? And does anyone know where to find them? eg any web sites or B&Q, Focus etc.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies!
Ah well, trust me to buy a flat with abnormal (aka expensive to replace) doors. Looks like they're just gonna have to stay in place for the time being.

Sponsored Links
Or move the door stops, unless you have rebated linings

Jason

If your door stops (abutments) aren’t rebated it should be fairly easy to move them as Jason suggests, I’ve done it on most of the doors on the current refurb. I’m doing. Use a stiff scraper & hammer it in under the stop at the bottom & work your way up to the top, gently easing it away from the frame. You should even be able to re-use the stops after a little clean up as long as the chippy hasn’t gone overboard on the original fixings but you will probably have to strip all the paint & start again.

Now you're just going over my head! :confused:

I'll remeasure the depth when I'm next at the flat and check it's not 40mm. I hope I made a mistake the first time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back