Supplier of odd size doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer of mine want's about 6 interior doors replacing. It's an old house and the door frames are for doors thicker than 35mm. Now the only 40mm doors I can find in knotty pine come in 626 726 and 826mm thicknesses. Her existing doors are just under 30" wide so the only 40mm door I could buy would be the 826mm but that would mean reducing the width of the door by around 3". Obviously a non starter. Does anyone know where I can get a 40mm thick knotty pine 4 or 6 panelled door that's 30" wide? I don't want to put 35mm doors in cause I think it'd look terrible.

Sponsored Links
2'-6" or 30inch or 762mm doors are the most common door width there is.

wether it be 34mm or 40mm (internal or external) you should be able to find what your looking for.

if the design of door your looking for aint sold at this width then i wouldn't hold much hope in finding it in any other size.

p.s. back tracking a bit, i think external doors (40mm) tend to put an emphasis , choice wise, on the wider 33inch or 838mm doors

noseall said:
if the design of door your looking for aint sold at this width then i wouldn't hold much hope in finding it in any other size.
You'd think so wouldn't you? All I can find in 40mm are 28.5" and 32.5". :( Unless of course I get external doors, but there's no way she's gonna stump up £120 a door for a hardwood one when she's thinking of paying £20 a door for a pine one.
I asked at the local builders merchants and they said that you won't get a 40mm internal knotty pine panelled door in 30" and that my best bet would be to use a 726mm. I had to point out that this would leave me with an inch and a half gap. :rolleyes:

This is all they have.

LPD 6 Panel Door - Knotty Pine (To Order)
2040 x 626 x 40mm
Each

2040 x 726 x 40mm
Each

2040 x 826 x 40mm
Each

I might add that I don't want to start planting pieces on the sides of the doors either. ;)

Can anyone see any problem with fitting a 35mm door (B&Q's are 34mm) into a 40mm (or imperial equivalent) frame?

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Can anyone see any problem with fitting a 35mm door (B&Q's are 34mm) into a 40mm (or imperial equivalent) frame?

just moving or padding out the door stop the fact the latch will need moving and there will be less meat for your lock to fit into

apart from that i cant think off any probs :D ;)

I know. :rolleyes: I haven't told the customer yet that I can't get the doors she wants. I'm just trying to get reasons why not to fit 35mm doors to these thicker casings. I hate doing bodge jobs.

I know. :rolleyes: I haven't told the customer yet that I can't get the doors she wants. I'm just trying to get reasons why not to fit 35mm doors to these thicker casings. I've never needed to do it before and I won't do bodge jobs, so if it's gonna be problematic then I won't do it.

ok well tell her you think the house would suit reclaimed doors better than the rubbish you can get :D :D ;)

and ask here to get the doors from reclemation or salvage yard :D

A customer of mine want's about 6 interior doors replacing. It's an old house and the door frames are for doors thicker than 35mm. Now the only 40mm doors I can find in knotty pine come in 626 726 and 826mm thicknesses. Her existing doors are just under 30" wide so the only 40mm door I could buy would be the 826mm but that would mean reducing the width of the door by around 3". Obviously a non starter. Does anyone know where I can get a 40mm thick knotty pine 4 or 6 panelled door that's 30" wide? I don't want to put 35mm doors in cause I think it'd look terrible.

Try these they make to size;

http://www.doordeals.co.uk/emerchantPro/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=227

Try these they make to size;

http://www.doordeals.co.uk/emerchantPro/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=227[/QUOTE]

Shame the OP posted his question 3 years ago! :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back