Replacing internal 40mm doors with 35mm doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two pairs of internal French doors that need replacing.

The doors are 40mm thick and are a matched pair at 78"x48" with rebated styles.

The doors I would like to replace them with do not exist, the nearest is an XL Joinery matched pair that only come in clear glazing, not obscured as I would like: http://www.xljoinery.co.uk/detail.php?id=13519&tc=3

One option is to buy single doors and use a pair maker, but the only doors I can find come in 35mm, would this look odd fitted into a frame set up for a 40mm door?

If anyone knows of a door supplier that might have a suitable product even better.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Put a 5mm foam draught strip in, or a 5mm timber trim on the stops - or set the door back 5mm

If the linings have removable stops, you can move them

as woody says although if you step the doors forward 5mm to meet the stop dependant on hinges where you position them on the doors and type off architraves your new doors may open less wide as they may hit the architraves a bit sooner although if you use parliament hinges it wont be a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back