Metric to Imperial

G

GaytonTonner

I have some old 1" imperial copper pipe to connect onto to using end-feed fittings. Do I need a 28mm to 1" adapter? Who would sell these?

On a general note does anyone know what sizes need a conversion adapter and what do not.

What about compression fittings? Do they fit each equivalent size?

Sponsored Links
1/2" to 15mm none required
1" to 28mm none req
3/4" TO 22MM Adaptor req

Compression fit the same but on 3/4 you can get a 3/4 olive for the 22mm fitting but a copper olive will work just aswell

1/2" to 15mm none required
1" to 28mm none req
3/4" TO 22MM Adaptor req

Compression fit the same but on 3/4 you can get a 3/4 olive for the 22mm fitting but a copper olive will work just aswell

Thanks. So only (3/4" - 22mm) is there an issue on end-feed copper? Just to clarify.

I know 3/4" imperial olives are available for 22mm compression fitting. I would be weary of using a 22mm copper olive with 3/4" copper pipe. That is just me, I would not trust it..

Maybe this information should be in a sticky.

Don't use 22mm olives on 3/4! You can also get 3/4 O rings for some pushfit fittings.

You may need to file inch copper down a bit to get 28mm fittings on to it.

Sponsored Links
Don't use 22mm olives on 3/4! You can also get 3/4 O rings for some pushfit fittings.

You may need to file inch copper down a bit to get 28mm fittings on to it.

This 1" copper is fitted and not in a position to file down. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back