MEXICO SUPER RS485 IGINITION FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an intermittent problem with the boiler firing up and after replacing the wall mounted control panel it still persists. I have checked the main electrical feed from the control panel to the boiler and when the control panel is on and lit up there is no power going via the main cable to the boiler.
I keep turning on and off and eventually the boiler powers up.
Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete, thanks for the reply. It is a sealed system and apart from one wall mounted thermostat in the hall that is it. I replaced the printed circuit board about 12 months ago due to the solenoid / gas valve not opening and it has been fine until now.

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete, yes there are 2no like the one shown top left of your three photos. There is one fitted to the pipework coming from the pump and another on the pipework from / to the large hot water storage tank and both are set in the 'auto' position.

2 X 3port valves or 2 X 2port valves? Either way, I would suspect one of these is affecting the boiler via the internal micro switch.

DOH! To many liqueurs. You got any idea? Many faults like this are related to zone valves, either boiler stays on or operates intermittently, but I take your point. I've edited my previous reply. Hope that meets with your approval ;)

Afternoon Pete,

Apologies for delay in responding to your suggestion and just to confirm that you were correct it was the zone valve on the central heating pipework and the boiler is now running like new.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back