Mezzanine flooring, questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm thinking of putting one of these floors in the back corner of my workshop for storage of spare parts and I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer :?:

Its height would be around 6ft (this would obviously have a saftey railing around it), it would be along the entire back wall and come about a third of the depth of the room (room being 15ft).

Would I be able to have a fixed ladder attached to this, or does it have to be a staircase? A ladder would be a much better fit in my workshop as the area wont be accessed to often and it'll take less space up.

Also what kind of regulations would i need to look at for this?

I've seen company's like Ask Active, who say they do everything for you. Has anyone used them, or a company similar?

All advise and opinions are welcome!

Many Thanks!

Sponsored Links
huh?... not quite the answer I was looking for...
New user, first post, posts link to outfit that sells what they are asking about. It's a common form of "spam" (hence the reference to canned meat) on boards like this.

As to whether you can use a ladder, that's really a matter of practicality. At work you would need to do a safety justification and have measure din place to mitigate the risks - which are significant for a ladder vs a proper set of stairs. For home use that's not an issue - but of course, if you are like me the prospect of falling and crippling yourself isn't very appealing and so I tend to "err on the side of caution" which sometimes makes be a boring old(ish) f*rt :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi SimonH2,

Thanks for the clarification on canned goods! I do see where that comment is coming from. Apologises.

Thanks for the info. Although I don't want a set of stairs for space reasons, the ladder would be a permanent fixture and none moveable. would this be considered differently than moveable ladders? or are ladders... simply ladders?...

Think about it, a ladder is a ladder when it comes to climbing up and down it with a load. The only differences being fixed make are a) it shouldn't fall over if you get the balance wrong, and b) you have the opportunity to add handrails etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back