Mice and rats getting in through Eaves

Ok. So today so I went to further investigate and clean loft and 're bait. I have found the entry point.

They are coming along the soffits from next door and entering where the the blow off pipe is.

Question is . Any ideas how to block the entdy. Info not think you can ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180906-181335.png
    Screenshot_20180906-181335.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 435
Sponsored Links
diycooper, good evening again.

The image is not all that clear, OK I can see a "rat run" over the top of the pipe.

Is the pipe up against the Party Wall?

If so, then you could consider filling the void with a mix of Sand and Cement, BUT??? I would include some small shards of Glass? [Carefully] by placing some thin glass into a bag, and then carefully smashing the glass into small bits, incorporate the glass into the mortar mix and apply to the gap?

The rats are more than able to chew into weak cement but for some reason do not like a plentiful supply of glass in the mix?

Ken.

diycooper, good evening again.

The image is not all that clear, OK I can see a "rat run" over the top of the pipe.

Is the pipe up against the Party Wall?

If so, then you could consider filling the void with a mix of Sand and Cement, BUT??? I would include some small shards of Glass? [Carefully] by placing some thin glass into a bag, and then carefully smashing the glass into small bits, incorporate the glass into the mortar mix and apply to the gap?

The rats are more than able to chew into weak cement but for some reason do not like a plentiful supply of glass in the mix?

Ken.

Hi sorry. The wall is at the back of the house. The pipe runs out the eaves then through the soffit and hangs out. .

I think the rats are going onto the soffits then coming in from next door.

I have attached another picture. Hope it's gives a clearer picture. You can see the pipe running out.

Last edited:
Bait in the picture is Cement. Cornflour and sugar .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180906-215253.png
    Screenshot_20180906-215253.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 372
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back