Eaves fillers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have noticed some of the eaves on my property do not have fillers in them and I was cleaning the guttering a few months back and small bird flew out from under the tile ! What's the best method and material for filling the eaves without too much hard work? I have seen you can buy eaves fillers from diy stores. :?:

Sponsored Links
There are a few different types of eave filler units some more work to install than others.
Depends on the profile of the tile the type you use.

clicky thingy

Hi, thanks for your reply, its going to be the 3 inch pvc ones, are they easy to fit? regards

They are designed for corrugated sheets, What kind of tiles do you have?

Eave combs are the most widely used.

Sponsored Links
If using bird comb guards, how do I fit them considering that I only have a few gaps to fill as the existing eaves fillers are wood?

Mind its against the law to disturb nesting birds , :( .

You should wait till the nests are clear.

Do you know the best month to do? If there are birds or eggs still there I wont be attempting as like you say its illegal to remove the occuppied nests.

Depends on the type of birds nesting.
Some have more than one batch of eggs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back