Bird in the loft..help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since we moved in starlings have always nested under the tiles however this spring they have managed to work their way into the loft. I am on having the tiles refitted by a roofer and the cement reworks so there is no gaps plus install an eaves comb filler. Question is after doing all that will this gap in the picture give them access directly into the eaves and therefore the loft? What is the best way to fill this gap, it's about 20cm long and 4cm gap at its biggest end.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9943.JPG
    IMG_9943.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 372
Sponsored Links
Took me ages to figure that picture as my iPad kept turning the picture!

A bit of scrap eaves vent or any mesh could be grip filled or screwed into place
Or a bit of scrap upvc
Or random wire wool/ chicken wire stuffed in

Hello mate thanks for the reply. Ended up have a roofer come round and re cement a few tiles down in certain places!

Think yourself lucky it wasn't bats, with their protected status, that got in there :).

Sponsored Links
I had similar problem 2 years ago Starlings waking me at 5am, I let the chicks fledge & used chicken wire to fill the hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back