Mice problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Over xmas, my daughter came running downstairs claiming she had a mouse on her bedroom window sill! Sure enough, there were droppings there. I recently installed a new window frame and although i obviously sealed the frame externally, i left a small hole in the reveal to repair later. This i now realise (doh!) goes into the cavity and was how the mouse surfaced. What i cannot figure out is why is this the first time in 24 years that i have had a problem with mice? Since i sealed the small hole up, we can here a mouse or mice in the cavity at night and have found droppings in the loft. I cannot see where they might be entering my property and know of nothing that has recently altered to allow them to enter as in no cracked airbricks. What is my best course of action to both get rid of them and stop them re-entering?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
get mouse poison and traps with peanut butter or chocolate spread.. they love it..

put them where you have found the droppings.

We use the electronic mouse repellents here and in France. We find that they work well. Others say they do not work.
So, you'll either find that they do work or they don't :confused:
Maybe it's how or where you use 'em ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back