MICRA FUEL PUMP ELECTRICS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently lost all power while doing 70 on m'way.

Car would turn but not start.

Rescued by RAC, identified no live to fuel pump. Temp repair/wire from fuel pump to fuse box got me home and to Nissan main dealer 30 miles with car running perfectly well.

Nissan have had my car for 3 days and now tell me i need new fuel pump £500!!!!

How did I manage to travel 30 miles if fuel pump is dodgy?
Anyone help put my mind at rest?

1.2 Micra '06 Petrol manual ....just out of warranty!!!!!

Sponsored Links
The K11 Micras suffered badly with fuel pump relay problems - or rather corrosion within the relay holders. I don't know if the K12's suffer or not. However, genuine Nissan dealers have plenty of information on fault finding problems, and I suspect they are just clutching at hairs when they say that the pump is faulty. AA man successfully hot wired it, so that makes the pump ok in my opinion.
No matter, you wan't your car fixed, so play hell with the garage manager, write to Nissan if need be and suggest some sort of courtesy payment if a new pump is needed.
If you get nowhere, there are a few of these cars in the breakers now, and firms such as BBA - reman can sort you out if need be.
Personally I suspect a relay problem at this stage.
John :)

Id go for relay problem too, unless the pump has burnt out from being hard wired to constantly run

loacte the pump yourself,.,,

feed a + stright to it, you will hear it working,, if your tempary pos is still on and your able to drive around without cutting out or lack of power then your pump is fine.

Sponsored Links
Did you drive it to the garage? If so Fuel Pump is ok.

I agree with what has been said already. There will be a relay issue somewhere. It would pay to buy one and fit it your self pretty easy.

Back