Micra K12 boot flappy bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a piece of flappy bit under the rear parcel shelf that I could not work out the purpose. On the car I am looking at, the flap hangs down flat. From this YT video it's configured as a roll. Anyone knows what it is for? At the bottom of the flap are two clips. Not sure where these clip on to.

flappy.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Good call.....I had one of these as a courtesy car but it was a base model on an 06 plate.
I don’t think the seats slid on that one.
John

I must investigate further. Flappy bits in cars drive me nuts because of the noise they produce. Took it for MOT yesterday and there was unidentified noise from the back ruining my driving experience.

I think the idea is that if you required to use the hatch space to carry a disposable load some distance when you have dumped the load you have the option of retaining some privacy of the hatch contents. Of course, this presupposes that it may be inconvenient to store the parcel-shelf elsewhere in the car. Vaguely plausible or utter boǀǀocks? Your call. :unsure:

ISTR that it was in place of a parcel shelf, it clipped at the very rear and when undone rolled back into itself.

Or am I thinking of a different car?

Here's a short thread about it. But, I am unable still to understand the purpose of it.

Mystery solved. The flap is to cover the boot when the seat-back is pushed forward to increase boot space.

flappybit.png

Sponsored Links
Back